Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Five activities to spook up your Halloween

As the spooky day of freight-fested activities commences, here is a list of five things teenagers can do this Halloween.
Andrew

Ever since I was a kid, I have loved everything holiday related; being in the final months of the year always sparked joy for me. As I’ve grown up, I have come to the sad realization that some holidays — such as Halloween — are primarily targeted toward kids. 

As the spooky day of freight-fested activities commences, I’ve drawn up a list of five things teenagers can do this Halloween.

1. Hangouts 

Hanging out with friends is something every teen does, but if you really want to have fun on Halloweekend, play card games with your friends. Card games like “Uno” or “Cards Against Humanity” are great to bust out if things seem bleak or tiresome. 

2. Halloween parties

As I mentioned before, and in case you didn’t know, there’s a new trend for students called “Halloweekend,” where high school students celebrate the holiday throughout the weekend before Halloween since it falls on a weekday. Parties are always something to look forward to during the week, and gives you an excuse to dress up and meet new people. 

3. Baking and cooking

You can really do this anytime, but most teenagers seem to overlook how fun cooking can be with your friends. Almost every other weekend, my friends and I get together to cook a meal, and with Halloween in the mix, there’s plenty of silly treats you can make with your friends. Try something creative like popcorn balls or pumpkin seeds.

4. Scary movies

Movies are getting more realistic and scarier than ever. If you’re a fan of horror and gore like me, then this is the perfect time to get a bunch of friends together in a dark room and turn on a good movie. A good horror movie that recently came out is the adaptation of “Five Nights at Freddys” (FNaF). I relate to most teenagers my age when I say FNaF was a massive part of my childhood and a trip to the movie theater is always a great way to spend Halloween.

5. Trick-or-Treating

You are always young enough to trick-or-treat. If you’re ever bored and want to score some free sweets, get a costume and walk around your neighborhood. I know it’s primarily designed for kids, but it’s never bad to relive your childhood and head out with some friends in search of candy.