Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
The Irving Convention Center will hold its 10th annual North Texas Teen Book Festival on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Irving Convention Center to hold North Texas Teen Book Festival Apr. 27
Andrew John, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The Irving Convention Center will hold the North Texas Teen Book Festival (NTTBF) on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It will be the 10th annual...

On release day, two hours following the release of the album, ‘THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY’ was released. This album is an amazing continuation of the first 16 tracks.
Era's (Saahir's Version): TTPD: THE ANTHOLOGY
Saahir Mawani, Design Editor • April 26, 2024

Since the announcement of “THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT,” an unexplained symbol has been used for promotion: ✌️. Initiated by Swift...

The varsity color guard team poses for the photo after finishing first
at finals for the North Texas Colorguard association. Students will help serve food to VIP guests and perform the show at the end of the gala.
Color guard to hold gala April 26
Mie Bakuya, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The color guard team will hold its first gala in the cafeteria at the freshman campus at 6:30 p.m. on April 26. There will be musical ensembles,...

Weather

• 3 AM
    70 °
  • 4 AM
    70 °
  • 5 AM
    70 °
  • 6 AM
    70 °
  • 7 AM
    70 °
  • 8 AM
    71 °
  • 9 AM
    71 °
  • 10 AM
    72 °
  • 11 AM
    75 °
  • 12 PM
    77 °
  • 1 PM
    79 °
  • 2 PM
    80 °
  • 3 PM
    81 °
  • 4 PM
    80 °
  • 5 PM
    80 °
  • 6 PM
    79 °
  • 7 PM
    77 °
  • 8 PM
    76 °
  • 9 PM
    74 °
  • 10 PM
    73 °
  • 11 PM
    72 °
  • 12 AM
    72 °
  • 1 AM
    71 °
  • 2 AM
    71 °
  • 3 AM
    71 °
April 27
81°/ 69°
Moderate rain
April 28
80°/ 64°
Moderate rain
April 29
88°/ 63°
Sunny
Print Edition

“Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” lives up to the original

Full+of+fantastic+acting%2C+perfectly-timed+jokes+and+realistic+special+effects%2C+%E2%80%9CGhostbusters%3A+Frozen+Empire%E2%80%9D+proves+that%2C+when+wanting+to+watch+an+amazing+movie%2C+there%E2%80%99s+truly+no+one+better+to+call.+
Photo Via Columbia Pictures
Full of fantastic acting, perfectly-timed jokes and realistic special effects, “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” proves that, when wanting to watch an amazing movie, there’s truly no one better to call.

Like many other movie-loving households, no holiday or family gathering is ever complete without watching a movie — almost always a “classic.” This has led to many of my nights on the couch watching, and later re-watching, the original “Ghostbusters.” 

As the franchise expanded through inadequate and thrilling movies alike, “Ghostbusters” kept its hold on my heart. Released on March 22, “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” is no exception. 

Set two years after the events of the 2021 box office smash “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” the movie follows the Spengler family, now accustomed to the Ghostbusters’ first base —  the firehouse — and taking ghost-busting to the next level. After unleashing an evil force upon the world, new and old Ghostbusters unite to save the world from a second ice age.

Joining the original “Ghostbusters” cast was a crew of just as flawless actors and actresses. Renewing their characters, McKenna Grace and Paul Rudd steal the show as Phoebe Spengler and Gary Grooberson, figuring out their relationship with each other and proving they’ll go to the end of the world for their family. They’re not the only ones who “ain’t afraid of no ghost,” because Nadeem (Kaamil Ali Nanjiani) proves a hilarious and brave new addition to the Ghostbusters’ group.

The film balances humor and heartfelt moments wonderfully, and the jokes make the fictional story feel real without taking away from the emotional aspects of the plot. Unlike “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” where the original cast only made small cameos near the end, this film blends nostalgia with modern life beautifully. Every character — new and old — of the extensive main cast list was given their moment to shine. 

But what can make or break a movie is always the special effects. Thankfully, “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” does not disappoint. The regular ghosts seen throughout the movie continue to shine, and the ancient evil force — Garaka — is done just enough justice to be downright terrifying. Whether the story ends here or continues for years to come, I will forever remain a “Ghostbusters” fan. Full of fantastic acting, perfectly-timed jokes and realistic special effects, “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” proves that, when wanting to watch an amazing movie, there’s truly no one better to call.