Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
Latin club students pose with their awards from their Junior Classical League state competition this past weekend on April 6th. Eight students from the school’s Latin club participated in events and four advanced to nationals.
Latin club students place at state convention
Gavin Lambert, Reporter • April 12, 2024

Latin club students participated in the Junior Classical League (JCL) state competition this past weekend on April 5-7. Eight students from the...

Conan Gray has experimented with different styles of music, and his release of “Found Heaven” on April 5 was his transition to feel-good pop music.
Conan Gray’s “Found Heaven” is revolutionary
Peyton Kuschmeider, Multimedia Editor • April 12, 2024

When I first started listening to Conan Gray back in 2020, I fell in love with his soothing melodies and melancholy lyrics of “Sunset Season”...

Opinion: Video games should downsize their budgets
Alexander Cha, Reporter • April 11, 2024

With the advancement of the video game industry, game development has become increasingly more expensive and time-consuming. Video games budgets...

Weather

• 2 AM
    64 °
  • 3 AM
    64 °
  • 4 AM
    63 °
  • 5 AM
    62 °
  • 6 AM
    62 °
  • 7 AM
    63 °
  • 8 AM
    64 °
  • 9 AM
    66 °
  • 10 AM
    69 °
  • 11 AM
    72 °
  • 12 PM
    75 °
  • 1 PM
    77 °
  • 2 PM
    79 °
  • 3 PM
    81 °
  • 4 PM
    81 °
  • 5 PM
    81 °
  • 6 PM
    79 °
  • 7 PM
    77 °
  • 8 PM
    76 °
  • 9 PM
    74 °
  • 10 PM
    73 °
  • 11 PM
    72 °
  • 12 AM
    71 °
  • 1 AM
    70 °
  • 2 AM
    69 °
April 14
82°/ 62°
Sunny
April 15
80°/ 65°
Patchy rain nearby
April 16
84°/ 66°
Patchy rain nearby
Print Edition

“Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” lives up to the original

Full+of+fantastic+acting%2C+perfectly-timed+jokes+and+realistic+special+effects%2C+%E2%80%9CGhostbusters%3A+Frozen+Empire%E2%80%9D+proves+that%2C+when+wanting+to+watch+an+amazing+movie%2C+there%E2%80%99s+truly+no+one+better+to+call.+
Photo Via Columbia Pictures
Full of fantastic acting, perfectly-timed jokes and realistic special effects, “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” proves that, when wanting to watch an amazing movie, there’s truly no one better to call.

Like many other movie-loving households, no holiday or family gathering is ever complete without watching a movie — almost always a “classic.” This has led to many of my nights on the couch watching, and later re-watching, the original “Ghostbusters.” 

As the franchise expanded through inadequate and thrilling movies alike, “Ghostbusters” kept its hold on my heart. Released on March 22, “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” is no exception. 

Set two years after the events of the 2021 box office smash “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” the movie follows the Spengler family, now accustomed to the Ghostbusters’ first base —  the firehouse — and taking ghost-busting to the next level. After unleashing an evil force upon the world, new and old Ghostbusters unite to save the world from a second ice age.

Joining the original “Ghostbusters” cast was a crew of just as flawless actors and actresses. Renewing their characters, McKenna Grace and Paul Rudd steal the show as Phoebe Spengler and Gary Grooberson, figuring out their relationship with each other and proving they’ll go to the end of the world for their family. They’re not the only ones who “ain’t afraid of no ghost,” because Nadeem (Kaamil Ali Nanjiani) proves a hilarious and brave new addition to the Ghostbusters’ group.

The film balances humor and heartfelt moments wonderfully, and the jokes make the fictional story feel real without taking away from the emotional aspects of the plot. Unlike “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” where the original cast only made small cameos near the end, this film blends nostalgia with modern life beautifully. Every character — new and old — of the extensive main cast list was given their moment to shine. 

But what can make or break a movie is always the special effects. Thankfully, “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” does not disappoint. The regular ghosts seen throughout the movie continue to shine, and the ancient evil force — Garaka — is done just enough justice to be downright terrifying. Whether the story ends here or continues for years to come, I will forever remain a “Ghostbusters” fan. Full of fantastic acting, perfectly-timed jokes and realistic special effects, “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” proves that, when wanting to watch an amazing movie, there’s truly no one better to call.