Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
Shortstop Haylee Epps hits a ball in area finals. Coaches from Hebron and Lake Highlands opted to make this a single-game playoff as opposed to a three-game series, which the Lady Hawks won 11-4.
Softball season ends at regional quarterfinals
Andrew Higgins, Reporter • May 18, 2024

The softball team’s season ended with a loss to Plano West High School in the regional quarterfinals on May 11 in a three-game playoff series.  “The...

Story-based games have been making a comeback, following the releases of TV-based spin-offs. With summer right around the corner, here are five great story-based video games to cure your summer boredom.
Five story games to play this summer
Andrew Higgins, Reporter • May 17, 2024

Story-based games have been making a comeback, following the releases of TV-based spin-offs, like “Fallout” and “The Last of Us.” Story...

I find myself going through my baby photo albums whenever I miss my grandpa. I’ve always kept the things I love close, and the people I love even closer.
Opinion: The everlasting feeling of loss
Shiren Noorani, Opinion Editor • May 17, 2024

Loss: the fact or process of losing something or someone. A feeling that entered my life with a sense of fear — one I lived every day trying...

Weather

• 4 AM
    74 °
  • 5 AM
    73 °
  • 6 AM
    72 °
  • 7 AM
    73 °
  • 8 AM
    74 °
  • 9 AM
    76 °
  • 10 AM
    79 °
  • 11 AM
    82 °
  • 12 PM
    84 °
  • 1 PM
    86 °
  • 2 PM
    87 °
  • 3 PM
    88 °
  • 4 PM
    88 °
  • 5 PM
    87 °
  • 6 PM
    86 °
  • 7 PM
    83 °
  • 8 PM
    82 °
  • 9 PM
    80 °
  • 10 PM
    79 °
  • 11 PM
    79 °
  • 12 AM
    78 °
  • 1 AM
    77 °
  • 2 AM
    76 °
  • 3 AM
    75 °
  • 4 AM
    74 °
May 20
89°/ 71°
Sunny
May 21
87°/ 72°
Overcast
May 22
92°/ 67°
Heavy rain
Print Edition

Orchestra to hold spring concert May 9

+Sophomore+Esther+Park+practices+leading+the+orchestra+before+the+spring+concert.+It+will+be+held+on+May+9+at+7+p.m.+at+the+auditorium.
Andrew John
Sophomore Esther Park practices leading the orchestra before the spring concert. It will be held on May 9 at 7 p.m. at the auditorium.

Orchestra will hold its annual spring concert on May 9 at 7 p.m. The overall theme of the concert will be “movie magic,” with music from films such as “Moana,” “How to Train Your Dragon” and “Coco.”

“All year long, we’ve been playing music from a lot of different amazing movies,” orchestra director Matthew Cautivar said. “I connected the movie and the plot points to the music, showing the relation between musical cues and what’s happening on screen.”

As the school year comes to an end, events have come and gone. Events include UIL, in which all orchestras received “ones” — the highest rating, All State, in which there was one All Stater, Solo & Ensemble and multiple concerts.

“So many things have happened this year,” orchestra president Daniel Johnson said. “We had another All Stater, we all got 1’s in UIL and all of our other concerts went smoothly. This year was definitely a successful year.”

In preparation for the upcoming concert, the orchestra has been practicing vibrato, scales, dynamics and much more.

“Usually, we are pretty [standard] when it comes to practicing,” senior violist Aidan Kang said. “Recently, since so many important events are in spring, we are locked in. We’ve practiced more drills and songs than before so we are prepared for the concert.”

Kang said that with so many seniors, this time of the year has become a bit bittersweet.

“This is a pretty sad time for us, but it is also exciting,” Kang said. “We are all going on to do greater things. We will all be sad to leave as most of us have been here since freshman year.”

With the year approaching its end, the students hope to end on a good note. Johnson said they hope to perform well and make a memorable experience for everyone.

“We want to end off with a big bang for our final concert,” Johnson said. “As it is all coming to a close, we’re looking forward to the next generation of orchestra and to say goodbye to all the graduates.”