Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
Latin club students pose with their awards from their Junior Classical League state competition this past weekend on April 6th. Eight students from the school’s Latin club participated in events and four advanced to nationals.
Latin club students place at state convention
Gavin Lambert, Reporter • April 12, 2024

Latin club students participated in the Junior Classical League (JCL) state competition this past weekend on April 5-7. Eight students from the...

Conan Gray has experimented with different styles of music, and his release of “Found Heaven” on April 5 was his transition to feel-good pop music.
Conan Gray’s “Found Heaven” is revolutionary
Peyton Kuschmeider, Multimedia Editor • April 12, 2024

When I first started listening to Conan Gray back in 2020, I fell in love with his soothing melodies and melancholy lyrics of “Sunset Season”...

Opinion: Video games should downsize their budgets
Alexander Cha, Reporter • April 11, 2024

With the advancement of the video game industry, game development has become increasingly more expensive and time-consuming. Video games budgets...

Weather

• 3 AM
    64 °
  • 4 AM
    63 °
  • 5 AM
    62 °
  • 6 AM
    62 °
  • 7 AM
    63 °
  • 8 AM
    64 °
  • 9 AM
    66 °
  • 10 AM
    69 °
  • 11 AM
    72 °
  • 12 PM
    75 °
  • 1 PM
    77 °
  • 2 PM
    79 °
  • 3 PM
    81 °
  • 4 PM
    81 °
  • 5 PM
    81 °
  • 6 PM
    79 °
  • 7 PM
    77 °
  • 8 PM
    76 °
  • 9 PM
    74 °
  • 10 PM
    73 °
  • 11 PM
    72 °
  • 12 AM
    71 °
  • 1 AM
    70 °
  • 2 AM
    69 °
  • 3 AM
    68 °
April 14
82°/ 62°
Sunny
April 15
80°/ 65°
Patchy rain nearby
April 16
84°/ 66°
Patchy rain nearby
Print Edition

Softball to compete in Allen Station Tournament Feb. 22-24

Andrew John
Head coach Chelsea Herndon talks to the team about the best ways to catch different types of hits on Feb. 15. They are currently on a three-game win streak.

The softball team will compete in its first tournament from Feb. 22-24 at the Allen Station Fields. Pitcher Lucy Crowder said there has been one team that has stood out to the team as a difficult opponent — Walnut Grove.

“[Walnut Grove is] gonna be good this year,” Crowder said. “I think they’re going to be the hardest one because they just switched over to 5A, and many players transferred over there, so they’re gonna be good.”

The team has been preparing for the upcoming tournament and district season as they hope to improve on last year’s season, when they finished fifth in the district.

“Some of the areas I’m focused on improving before the tournament would probably be our defense,” head coach Chelsea Herndon said. “Overall, our pitching and hitting [staff] is doing well. We scored 15 runs against Nimitz in our home opener, so I think making sure that we have a defense that will back up our pitcher and our offense is what we’re focusing on.”

Another aspect the team has been focusing on is teamwork and communication. Centerfield Alyssa Sneed said that has been a big thing that they have been practicing.

“Last year, we didn’t have good team chemistry and it took a toll on us,” Sneed said. “But this year, we have really good team chemistry. It’ll help us in the long run, whether we do well during games or not.”

The Lady Hawks won their first game 15–0 against Nimitz on Feb. 13.

“It went well,” Sneed said. “We mercy-ruled them. We ended the game pretty quickly. It was a really easy team for us, but I think we’re going to come across some good competition in the tournament.”

With so many different teams, the team expects to have difficult games, especially with teams from high schools such as Walnut Grove, Byron Nelson and Colleyville.

“This tournament will be our chance to show how good we are,” Crowder said. “With so many good teams, we are sure to have a difficult tournament. But that makes the wins more worthwhile.”