Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
The Irving Convention Center will hold its 10th annual North Texas Teen Book Festival on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Irving Convention Center to hold North Texas Teen Book Festival Apr. 27
Andrew John, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The Irving Convention Center will hold the North Texas Teen Book Festival (NTTBF) on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It will be the 10th annual...

On release day, two hours following the release of the album, ‘THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY’ was released. This album is an amazing continuation of the first 16 tracks.
Era's (Saahir's Version): TTPD: THE ANTHOLOGY
Saahir Mawani, Design Editor • April 26, 2024

Since the announcement of “THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT,” an unexplained symbol has been used for promotion: ✌️. Initiated by Swift...

The varsity color guard team poses for the photo after finishing first
at finals for the North Texas Colorguard association. Students will help serve food to VIP guests and perform the show at the end of the gala.
Color guard to hold gala April 26
Mie Bakuya, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The color guard team will hold its first gala in the cafeteria at the freshman campus at 6:30 p.m. on April 26. There will be musical ensembles,...

Weather

• 2 PM
    79 °
  • 3 PM
    80 °
  • 4 PM
    80 °
  • 5 PM
    80 °
  • 6 PM
    78 °
  • 7 PM
    77 °
  • 8 PM
    75 °
  • 9 PM
    74 °
  • 10 PM
    73 °
  • 11 PM
    72 °
  • 12 AM
    71 °
  • 1 AM
    71 °
  • 2 AM
    71 °
  • 3 AM
    71 °
  • 4 AM
    70 °
  • 5 AM
    69 °
  • 6 AM
    67 °
  • 7 AM
    66 °
  • 8 AM
    66 °
  • 9 AM
    68 °
  • 10 AM
    69 °
  • 11 AM
    71 °
  • 12 PM
    73 °
  • 1 PM
    75 °
  • 2 PM
    77 °
April 27
81°/ 69°
Moderate rain
April 28
80°/ 64°
Moderate rain
April 29
86°/ 63°
Sunny
Print Edition

Boys basketball team to play Lewisville in last district game Feb. 13

Senior+forward+Isaiah+Williams+looks+to+pass+the+ball+late+in+the+fourth+quarter+in+a+game+against+Plano+East+on+Feb.+9.+The+Hawks+went+on+to+lose+the+game+63-55.+Hebron+is+in+fourth+place+in+districts+after+losing+three+of+its+last+four+games.+The+team+looks+to+potentially+move+into+second+place+with+a+win+against+Lewisville.+
Gavin Lambert
Senior forward Isaiah Williams looks to pass the ball late in the fourth quarter in a game against Plano East on Feb. 9. The Hawks went on to lose the game 63-55. Hebron is in fourth place in districts after losing three of its last four games. The team looks to potentially move into second place with a win against Lewisville.

The boy’s basketball team will play its final district game of the season at Lewisville on Feb. 13 at 7 p.m. 

Lewisville is currently second in the district, with the Hawks close behind in fourth place. Both teams are guaranteed a playoff spot. Forward Graham Moore said the game is important, as it will determine how difficult their playoff opponents will be. 

“Later in the season, playoff seeding is really important,” Moore said. “If we beat Lewisville, we could possibly get second. But it’s really important to get a good seed so you can play easier teams in the playoffs.” 

The team played Lewisville earlier this season in district play, where they lost an overtime thriller 69-66. Head coach Eric Reil said every game means more because the team is still fighting for better playoff seeding and making adjustments to gain an edge on their opponents.

“[The team has] gone back and looked at what we did the first time against Lewisville — things that worked, things that didn’t work [and] how they have changed,” Reil said. “[There are] some things that they’re doing a little bit differently offensively that they weren’t doing the first time they played us, so we’ve got to adapt that and get our guys accustomed to going in that way.” 

The game will also be one of the last games in high school for some notable senior players on the team. Senior Cam Mennsfield stressed the importance of going into playoffs with a strong mindset and being prepared for the games ahead. 

“I know I’ve gotta give [it] my all these last couple of weeks because it could be the last time I play basketball for Hebron,” Mennsfield said. “I’m basically encouraging the young pups because I know they’re going to be here whenever I leave. Making sure when I leave the team is going to be well taken over by them.”

The team has lost three of its last four games and are currently in fourth, as they look to improve to 9-5 in districts.

“We knew this little stretch of our season was the hardest,” Moore said. “Everyone gets more focused and locked in when we play tougher opponents. Everyone knows that it’s going to be more challenging. I think that makes it more fun, honestly. At practice, there’s just more energy [and] everyone’s more into it.”

The team has five seniors on the roster, including Mennsfield, Moore and guard Jalen Haynes. Reil said they hope their experience from last year’s playoff run will help the team replicate their success from last season and end the district season with a win. 

“It’s the last [district] game of the year,” Reil said. “It’s always kind of special, but then it’s kind of sad at the same time because our season’s almost done. For us, it’s good because we know that we’re in the playoffs. Even though it’s the last game of the season, our ultimate goal is still right around the corner.”