Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
The Irving Convention Center will hold its 10th annual North Texas Teen Book Festival on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Irving Convention Center to hold North Texas Teen Book Festival Apr. 27
Andrew John, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The Irving Convention Center will hold the North Texas Teen Book Festival (NTTBF) on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It will be the 10th annual...

On release day, two hours following the release of the album, ‘THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY’ was released. This album is an amazing continuation of the first 16 tracks.
Era's (Saahir's Version): TTPD: THE ANTHOLOGY
Saahir Mawani, Design Editor • April 26, 2024

Since the announcement of “THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT,” an unexplained symbol has been used for promotion: ✌️. Initiated by Swift...

The varsity color guard team poses for the photo after finishing first
at finals for the North Texas Colorguard association. Students will help serve food to VIP guests and perform the show at the end of the gala.
Color guard to hold gala April 26
Mie Bakuya, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The color guard team will hold its first gala in the cafeteria at the freshman campus at 6:30 p.m. on April 26. There will be musical ensembles,...

Weather

• 5 AM
    70 °
  • 6 AM
    70 °
  • 7 AM
    70 °
  • 8 AM
    71 °
  • 9 AM
    71 °
  • 10 AM
    72 °
  • 11 AM
    75 °
  • 12 PM
    77 °
  • 1 PM
    79 °
  • 2 PM
    80 °
  • 3 PM
    81 °
  • 4 PM
    80 °
  • 5 PM
    80 °
  • 6 PM
    79 °
  • 7 PM
    77 °
  • 8 PM
    76 °
  • 9 PM
    74 °
  • 10 PM
    73 °
  • 11 PM
    72 °
  • 12 AM
    72 °
  • 1 AM
    71 °
  • 2 AM
    71 °
  • 3 AM
    71 °
  • 4 AM
    70 °
  • 5 AM
    69 °
April 27
81°/ 69°
Moderate rain
April 28
80°/ 64°
Moderate rain
April 29
88°/ 63°
Sunny
Print Edition

Lady Hawks’ season ends with playoff loss to Boswell

Shiren Noorani
Guard and captain Paris Bradley shoots a layup against Little Elm at the quarterfinals game on Feb. 20. The Lady Hawks beat Little Elm 53-47 and went on to the semifinals.

The girls basketball team lost to Boswell High School in the regional semifinals on Feb. 23 with a final score of 44-49. Before this loss, they were undefeated throughout districts, held a 16-game win streak and were ranked fourth in the state.

“We were familiar with what Boswell was going to do,” head coach Lisa Branch said. “The mentality [going into it] was to just play our game – the game we played all year long. We wanted to score inside. We wanted to score from the outside, and we wanted to press [them] when we [could.]”

Branch said the team allowed Boswell to double team center Jordan Thomas all night long, which was not to their advantage. The Lady Hawks were in the lead at halftime with a score of 23-21, though they lost the lead near the end of the third quarter and weren’t able to come back due to consistently missed shots. 

“We couldn’t really get a rhythm,” Branch said. “I thought we kept our composure, we didn’t get rattled, [but] we couldn’t make shots.”

The team often used team bonding exercises to build its team chemistry on and off the court. Branch said being able to mesh together well on the court helped the team play as one. Captain and guard Paris Bradley said knowing each other helped them recognize their strengths and weaknesses. 

“Knowing what your team can and can’t do really helps on the court,” Bradley said. “You’re only as good as your weakest link.”

With half the team being seniors, the Lady Hawks will be losing six players next year. Branch said next year, they’re going to try to shift their focus onto more zone defense and motion offense. 

“I think they’re capable of whatever they put their minds to [next year],” Bradley said. “[However] successful they want to be is how successful they will be.”