Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
Latin club students pose with their awards from their Junior Classical League state competition this past weekend on April 6th. Eight students from the school’s Latin club participated in events and four advanced to nationals.
Latin club students place at state convention
Gavin Lambert, Reporter • April 12, 2024

Latin club students participated in the Junior Classical League (JCL) state competition this past weekend on April 5-7. Eight students from the...

Conan Gray has experimented with different styles of music, and his release of “Found Heaven” on April 5 was his transition to feel-good pop music.
Conan Gray’s “Found Heaven” is revolutionary
Peyton Kuschmeider, Multimedia Editor • April 12, 2024

When I first started listening to Conan Gray back in 2020, I fell in love with his soothing melodies and melancholy lyrics of “Sunset Season”...

Opinion: Video games should downsize their budgets
Alexander Cha, Reporter • April 11, 2024

With the advancement of the video game industry, game development has become increasingly more expensive and time-consuming. Video games budgets...

Weather

• 2 AM
    64 °
  • 3 AM
    64 °
  • 4 AM
    63 °
  • 5 AM
    62 °
  • 6 AM
    62 °
  • 7 AM
    63 °
  • 8 AM
    64 °
  • 9 AM
    66 °
  • 10 AM
    69 °
  • 11 AM
    72 °
  • 12 PM
    75 °
  • 1 PM
    77 °
  • 2 PM
    79 °
  • 3 PM
    81 °
  • 4 PM
    81 °
  • 5 PM
    81 °
  • 6 PM
    79 °
  • 7 PM
    77 °
  • 8 PM
    76 °
  • 9 PM
    74 °
  • 10 PM
    73 °
  • 11 PM
    72 °
  • 12 AM
    71 °
  • 1 AM
    70 °
  • 2 AM
    69 °
April 14
82°/ 62°
Sunny
April 15
80°/ 65°
Patchy rain nearby
April 16
84°/ 66°
Patchy rain nearby
Print Edition

Lady Hawks’ season ends with playoff loss to Boswell

Shiren Noorani
Guard and captain Paris Bradley shoots a layup against Little Elm at the quarterfinals game on Feb. 20. The Lady Hawks beat Little Elm 53-47 and went on to the semifinals.

The girls basketball team lost to Boswell High School in the regional semifinals on Feb. 23 with a final score of 44-49. Before this loss, they were undefeated throughout districts, held a 16-game win streak and were ranked fourth in the state.

“We were familiar with what Boswell was going to do,” head coach Lisa Branch said. “The mentality [going into it] was to just play our game – the game we played all year long. We wanted to score inside. We wanted to score from the outside, and we wanted to press [them] when we [could.]”

Branch said the team allowed Boswell to double team center Jordan Thomas all night long, which was not to their advantage. The Lady Hawks were in the lead at halftime with a score of 23-21, though they lost the lead near the end of the third quarter and weren’t able to come back due to consistently missed shots. 

“We couldn’t really get a rhythm,” Branch said. “I thought we kept our composure, we didn’t get rattled, [but] we couldn’t make shots.”

The team often used team bonding exercises to build its team chemistry on and off the court. Branch said being able to mesh together well on the court helped the team play as one. Captain and guard Paris Bradley said knowing each other helped them recognize their strengths and weaknesses. 

“Knowing what your team can and can’t do really helps on the court,” Bradley said. “You’re only as good as your weakest link.”

With half the team being seniors, the Lady Hawks will be losing six players next year. Branch said next year, they’re going to try to shift their focus onto more zone defense and motion offense. 

“I think they’re capable of whatever they put their minds to [next year],” Bradley said. “[However] successful they want to be is how successful they will be.”