Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
Infographic: Cinco de Mayo in Texas
Infographic: Cinco de Mayo in Texas
Gavin Lambert, Reporter • May 5, 2024

In honor of May 4th, National Star Wars Day, I ranked my top five pieces of “Star Wars” media.
Ranking the best “Star Wars” media
Gavin Lambert, Reporter • May 4, 2024

Ever since “A New Hope” premiered more than 45 years ago in 1977, the world has been captivated by the galaxy far, far away. I was first...

Infographic: Labor History Month
Infographic: Labor History Month
Hannah Mathew, Web Editor • May 3, 2024

Weather

• 9 AM
    75 °
  • 10 AM
    77 °
  • 11 AM
    78 °
  • 12 PM
    79 °
  • 1 PM
    81 °
  • 2 PM
    82 °
  • 3 PM
    83 °
  • 4 PM
    84 °
  • 5 PM
    84 °
  • 6 PM
    82 °
  • 7 PM
    79 °
  • 8 PM
    76 °
  • 9 PM
    75 °
  • 10 PM
    74 °
  • 11 PM
    73 °
  • 12 AM
    72 °
  • 1 AM
    71 °
  • 2 AM
    71 °
  • 3 AM
    71 °
  • 4 AM
    72 °
  • 5 AM
    72 °
  • 6 AM
    72 °
  • 7 AM
    73 °
  • 8 AM
    74 °
  • 9 AM
    77 °
May 7
84°/ 71°
Sunny
May 8
92°/ 71°
Patchy rain nearby
May 9
79°/ 62°
Sunny
Print Edition

Color guard to hold gala April 26

Photo provided by Michelle Vasquez
The varsity color guard team poses for the photo after finishing first at finals for the North Texas Colorguard association. Students will help serve food to VIP guests and perform the show at the end of the gala.

The color guard team will hold its first gala in the cafeteria at the freshman campus at 6:30 p.m. on April 26. There will be musical ensembles, small choir performances, food and the color guard’s performance of their winter show. Student tickets are $15, adults are $25 and the VIP tickets are $40.

“When I mentioned it to our parent booster, they were excited about it,” color guard director Christopher Josey said. “We went from there and talked about how we could make it happen.”

Josey decided to hold a gala because it was an old tradition at his former high school, Westwood. Josey has been involved in color guard since 2002 and wants to show his appreciation for the team. Josey said he and the parent booster team hope the gala will be successful in promoting the organization and rasing money, and wants the gala to become a tradition. 

“We’re [just] unsure of how it’s going to go,” senior Sophia Woodberry said. “It all really depends on how people promote the gala; this could be a hit or miss situation.”

The gala will also have students from the band, orchestra and choir volunteering to perform music while guests eat dinner. After the musical performances finish, everyone will go into the freshmen gym to watch the color guard perform their last show. 

“Josey really prioritizes the color guard being seen in our Hebron community,” senior color guard captain Isabella Wilson said. “Not a lot of people know about color guard, so incorporating other programs makes this a better way for us to be recognized.”

The profit from tickets will help raise money for the budget for the team next year. The more expensive VIP tickets will help the team, as well as allow VIP members to get extra perks, like having color guard members serve them food.

“I just hope the community comes out and supports us [to see] what color guard is at Hebron,” Josey said. “ [The gala will help us] to share what we love to do with our school, [and] to celebrate our students for a full year of work.” 

While the gala’s main purpose is to fundraise for the color guard’s budget for next year, it is also to congratulate the members for their work this school year. The majority of the team are seniors, and Josey said wants them to have a proper ceremony as a farewell. 

“[The gala is for] sharing our experiences and [providing] a timeline of the marching and winter season,” Josey said. “[It’s also to] celebrate our seniors that are leaving, [and] to allow the community to see us one more time before the school year ends.”