Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
A table is set up with trophies for the participants for the tournament at last year’s event on May 31, 2023.  (Photo provided by HBBC)
Band to hold golf tournament May 31
Mie Bakuya, Reporter • May 25, 2024

The band program will hold its eighth annual golf tournament on May 31 at Indian Creek Golf Course with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. The event...

(Left to right) DFW residents Ana Szabo, Lacey Gee, Amy Nichols and Nick Adams pose for a photo at their event “Swifties in the Park” at Grandscape in The Colony on April 27. At the event, they held competitions ,such as spelling bees and “finish the lyric” for the attendees, in which winners were given vinyls and a goodie bag from the Swiftie Market. (Photo provided by @the13podcast on Instagram)
Lucky Number 13
Saahir Mawani, Design Editor • May 24, 2024

On Dec. 13, 1989, global phenomenon Taylor Swift was bornin the town of Reading, PA. Only two years later, in 1992, the KiddKradick morning show...

Senior Jimmy Sanchez and junior Grant Koch perform a scene during a dress rehearsal of “The Diviners” on April 18. This was the only show strictly performed by theater’s Silver Company this year.
For the applause
Krista Fleming, Managing Editor • May 23, 2024

The stage is dark.  Junior Grant Koch is in the same spot he has been in for what feels like a thousand times, surrounded by cast members...

Weather

• 8 PM
    81 °
  • 9 PM
    80 °
  • 10 PM
    78 °
  • 11 PM
    77 °
  • 12 AM
    76 °
  • 1 AM
    75 °
  • 2 AM
    74 °
  • 3 AM
    73 °
  • 4 AM
    73 °
  • 5 AM
    72 °
  • 6 AM
    72 °
  • 7 AM
    73 °
  • 8 AM
    75 °
  • 9 AM
    78 °
  • 10 AM
    80 °
  • 11 AM
    82 °
  • 12 PM
    84 °
  • 1 PM
    86 °
  • 2 PM
    87 °
  • 3 PM
    87 °
  • 4 PM
    87 °
  • 5 PM
    87 °
  • 6 PM
    86 °
  • 7 PM
    84 °
  • 8 PM
    82 °
July 26
87°/ 71°
Patchy rain nearby
July 27
88°/ 72°
Patchy rain nearby
July 28
90°/ 73°
Sunny
Print Edition

Opinion: I love you, Nanijan

My+grandma+always+held+me+while+I+was+baby.+She+constantly+spoils+me+more+than+she+needs+to%2C+and%2C+even+though+I+know+I+won%E2%80%99t+ever+get+this+type+of+treatment+once+I+live+on+my+own%2C+I%E2%80%99m+thankful+I+got+to+experience+having+a+third+parent%2C+second+mom+and+for-life+best+friend+live+with+me.+
Provided by Maria Husain
My grandma always held me while I was baby. She constantly spoils me more than she needs to, and, even though I know I won’t ever get this type of treatment once I live on my own, I’m thankful I got to experience having a third parent, second mom and for-life best friend live with me.

When I get asked how many people there are in my family, I always say six: my mom, dad, two sisters, me and my grandma.

From the minute I was born, my grandma has been by my side. I’ve moved a lot throughout my life, and even though change can be hard, my grandma has always been there for me. She is someone who always cares for others and puts them before herself. There have been many times I have gotten in trouble with my parents or been upset at my mom, but Nanijan has always been there to console me. My grandma has always been there.

When I started writing for “The Hawk Eye,” my grandma was so proud of every piece I wrote, often more proud than I was. Every time I receive an award, whether for my stories or other extracurriculars, Nanijan has always given me the biggest cheers and the tightest hugs. There have been things I have accomplished over the years that I couldn’t have done without the help of my grandma. She is and always has been my No. 1 supporter.

Grandparents are usually associated with extended family, but my grandma is not extended; she is the closest form of family I have. Nanijan is one of the people who has had a lasting impact and taught me lessons I will forever hold close to my heart. There are specific parts of me I have always associated with my grandma, one of them being her constant need to help others. 

My grandma is known for her love language: cooking and baking. She makes my family a new meal for dinner almost every day, to the point that I now expect high-quality Pakistani food because of her amazing dishes. There have been multiple times when Nanijan will make me give food to my friends — specifically banana bread — just because she cares about them. 

My grandma spoils me more than she needs to, and even though I won’t get this type of treatment once I live on my own, I’m thankful I got to experience having a third parent, second mom and for-life best friend live with me. I hope to become like my strong, beautiful and caring grandma one day. She is one of my biggest inspirations and one of my biggest role models. 

Having a grandparent live with me, in the comfort of my own home, has always been a constant in my life. I look forward to her care, her food and her smile every day. Nanijan’s room has always been next to mine in all the six times I have moved, and, through that, I have grown into not just the granddaughter she has raised me to be, but also the person she has raised me to be. I will forever be grateful for Nanijan and the happiness she brings to our family. I hope to pass down the lessons she’s taught me onto my children in the future. I hope to give the same love and care to others. 

I love you, Nanijan.