Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
The Irving Convention Center will hold its 10th annual North Texas Teen Book Festival on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Irving Convention Center to hold North Texas Teen Book Festival Apr. 27
Andrew John, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The Irving Convention Center will hold the North Texas Teen Book Festival (NTTBF) on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It will be the 10th annual...

On release day, two hours following the release of the album, ‘THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY’ was released. This album is an amazing continuation of the first 16 tracks.
Era's (Saahir's Version): TTPD: THE ANTHOLOGY
Saahir Mawani, Design Editor • April 26, 2024

Since the announcement of “THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT,” an unexplained symbol has been used for promotion: ✌️. Initiated by Swift...

The varsity color guard team poses for the photo after finishing first
at finals for the North Texas Colorguard association. Students will help serve food to VIP guests and perform the show at the end of the gala.
Color guard to hold gala April 26
Mie Bakuya, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The color guard team will hold its first gala in the cafeteria at the freshman campus at 6:30 p.m. on April 26. There will be musical ensembles,...

Weather

• 10 AM
    72 °
  • 11 AM
    73 °
  • 12 PM
    75 °
  • 1 PM
    78 °
  • 2 PM
    79 °
  • 3 PM
    80 °
  • 4 PM
    81 °
  • 5 PM
    80 °
  • 6 PM
    79 °
  • 7 PM
    77 °
  • 8 PM
    76 °
  • 9 PM
    75 °
  • 10 PM
    73 °
  • 11 PM
    73 °
  • 12 AM
    72 °
  • 1 AM
    72 °
  • 2 AM
    71 °
  • 3 AM
    71 °
  • 4 AM
    70 °
  • 5 AM
    69 °
  • 6 AM
    67 °
  • 7 AM
    66 °
  • 8 AM
    66 °
  • 9 AM
    67 °
  • 10 AM
    68 °
April 27
82°/ 69°
Heavy rain
April 28
81°/ 65°
Moderate rain
April 29
88°/ 63°
Sunny
Print Edition

Boys soccer to compete against Marcus Feb. 20

Felipe Castro
A shot finds its way to the net in a game against Cedar Park on Jan. 12. On top of being first place, the Hawks lead the district in goals scored with 16.

The boys soccer team will play its seventh district game against Marcus at the Marcus Marauder Stadium Feb. 20 at 7:30 p.m.

“Marcus is one of our biggest rivals,” fullback Kyle Simpson said. “We’ve always kind of had this head-to-head hatred for each other. We beat them last year when we played them away and took pictures on their ‘M’. It was disrespectful, but it’s the energy that goes into the game from both sides.”

The two teams clashed already this season with the Hawks drawing 1-1. The team hopes to go further and win outright.

“Going into the first time we played them, it was tough, but we had a little upset,” Simpson said. “They’re a very strong team and a strong program. Winning would definitely bring our spirits up. It’s probably one of our most hyped games, especially being the first game of the second half of the season. We’re all going to have pretty high energy.”

Winning this game could decide the district season. With the Hawks being only one win ahead of the three teams below them in the rankings, a win would keep their position in first place for the time being.

“Within Texas, Marcus is viewed as a premier location,” head coach Matthew Zimmerman said. “[They are] one of the top five or 10 recognizable boys teams in this whole state of Texas. And when you’re talking about the sheer size of Texas and the amount of teams, [it’s] pretty incredible that they’re that well-known.”

Zimmerman said he hopes the team can use the high tension between the teams to their favor.

“It can light a fire in you,” Zimmerman said. “Playing with emotion and having that fire is a positive. Then there’s lashing out, brawls, fist fights or a lot of verbal disputes. I think that’s obviously the wrong way to exhibit that kind of emotion, but I don’t think emotion as a whole is bad when it comes to competition in general.”

The team currently has a record of five wins, one loss and one draw. A win for the Hawks could set the tone for not only the district run but for a statewide run as well.

“[The team is] having a lot of success,” Zimmerman said. “[Marcus is] going to be extremely up for this game because we’re in first place and they know they want to be able to tie us. But this game is also going to be huge because if they end up winning, whoever wins this game is going to have the tiebreaker over the other person.”