Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Hebron High School News Online

Sports Scores
The Irving Convention Center will hold its 10th annual North Texas Teen Book Festival on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Irving Convention Center to hold North Texas Teen Book Festival Apr. 27
Andrew John, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The Irving Convention Center will hold the North Texas Teen Book Festival (NTTBF) on Apr. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It will be the 10th annual...

On release day, two hours following the release of the album, ‘THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY’ was released. This album is an amazing continuation of the first 16 tracks.
Era's (Saahir's Version): TTPD: THE ANTHOLOGY
Saahir Mawani, Design Editor • April 26, 2024

Since the announcement of “THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT,” an unexplained symbol has been used for promotion: ✌️. Initiated by Swift...

The varsity color guard team poses for the photo after finishing first
at finals for the North Texas Colorguard association. Students will help serve food to VIP guests and perform the show at the end of the gala.
Color guard to hold gala April 26
Mie Bakuya, Reporter • April 26, 2024

The color guard team will hold its first gala in the cafeteria at the freshman campus at 6:30 p.m. on April 26. There will be musical ensembles,...

Weather

• 2 AM
    69 °
  • 3 AM
    69 °
  • 4 AM
    70 °
  • 5 AM
    70 °
  • 6 AM
    70 °
  • 7 AM
    70 °
  • 8 AM
    71 °
  • 9 AM
    71 °
  • 10 AM
    73 °
  • 11 AM
    75 °
  • 12 PM
    77 °
  • 1 PM
    79 °
  • 2 PM
    80 °
  • 3 PM
    81 °
  • 4 PM
    80 °
  • 5 PM
    79 °
  • 6 PM
    78 °
  • 7 PM
    76 °
  • 8 PM
    75 °
  • 9 PM
    74 °
  • 10 PM
    73 °
  • 11 PM
    72 °
  • 12 AM
    72 °
  • 1 AM
    71 °
  • 2 AM
    71 °
April 27
81°/ 69°
Moderate rain
April 28
80°/ 64°
Moderate rain
April 29
88°/ 63°
Sunny
Print Edition

Boys soccer to play McKinney Boyd in first playoff game March 25

Andrew John
Head coach Matt Zimmerman instructs the boys soccer team on specific drills in preparation for the first playoff game on March 25. They were practicing corner kicks and blocking to use against McKinney Boyd.

The boys soccer team will compete in the first round of playoffs on March 25 against McKinney Boyd at 8:00 p.m. at McKinney ISD Stadium. The Hawks finished in second place in district behind Flower Mound.

“Last year was the second district championship we’ve won in school history,” head coach Matt Zimmerman said. “We lost 90% of our scoring from last year, so I knew [the team was] going to have some tough games ahead of us. I told the boys at the beginning of this season that I believed in this team. That I thought this team was built to repeat it.”

Although the team didn’t get first place in district, the Hawks have a chance in the playoffs to show their skills.

“We’re focused right now on getting through practices because we don’t want to get knocked out in the first round,” outside left back Cortlen Wiley said. “We may not have gotten first in the district, but we got second and made it to the playoffs.”

The team started the district season tying the first game 1-1 on Jan. 23 against Marcus and ended districts with nine wins, two ties and three losses.

“This game is going to be great,” forward Nick Golovets said. “We [haven’t] played them [before,] so we are all pretty excited.”

In terms of preparation for playoffs, not much has changed from the team’s normal schedule. Zimmerman said the team knows McKinney Boyd will be a difficult game, so they are practicing more on scoring.

“We are trying to treat this game the way we would any other game,” Zimmerman said. “We don’t think that they’re any better or worse than anyone we’ve seen all year.

Wiley said that he has high hopes for the team in playoffs, and is sure that the team can beat McKinney Boyd.

“We started the season off pretty bad with a loss, but that just made us try even harder and it all worked out,” Wiley said. “Now, we are in the playoffs, and we are definitely hoping to get far.”